Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Brave New World


Well, my friend, Wendy, has been doing this, so why not me? Of course, Wendy, while working full-time, spends all her evenings making baby booties for her etsy site, sending me email when she makes a sale (which seems quite often lately) and blogging on her own blog about baby booties.

So, I think: Why not me?

Following in her footsteps (and in our friend Kathy's, who has been selling her jewelry and crafts on the weekend market circuit for years now and is currently working on creating a lavender farm and festival at her place in Vernonia (which is fun to say for any reason: VERNONIA!)) I have ventured into the craft biz.

I've been making invitations for many, many years now. Only since having my kids, though, and having an excuse to spend exorbitant amounts of time on such a frivolous activity have I made my invitations interactive. The first really good one was for their second birthday, a fish-themed party. I made a card that featured fish swimming around, using one of those little brass brads that you used in first grade to make jointed figures.

Ah.... I loved those days!

But I digress.

Since that third birthday, I've been hooked. I got tons of rave reviews about the invitations from the various parents (the children didn't seem to care, of course). That same fish invitation was recycled a couple of times for other kids' parties -- once for a Finding Nemo birthday and once for a pool party.

Years later, I've posted the fish invitations for sale on my etsy site: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5033209

Check them out!












No comments: