Friday, October 28, 2011

Cycling Girl Silhouette



I have been completely enamored of glitter!

Combine an intricately cut silhouette (cut using the Craft Robo/Silhouette) with spray adhesive and a little bling from glitter and I'm transported...

I love this blog: http://papercutting.blogspot.com/  It's called Scherenschnitte ("scissor cuts" in German) and is the papercutting blog of the very talented Cindy Ferguson.

Her work is FABULOUS! And I can't believe that she cuts her work by hand... and awesome feat!

On Tuesdays, Cindy has a feature called "Template Tuesday" which I very much look forward to! She features an original work that you can download as a pdf, so that you, too, can be a papercutting genius!

I really loved this particular Template Tuesday offering, of a girl on a bike:


You can read all about it (and download your own pdf) at her blog post:

http://papercutting.blogspot.com/2009/08/template-tuesday-end-of-summer-bike.html

I cut some of these adorable girls out in black cardstock, sprayed them with spray adhesive and covered them with black Martha Stewart glitter.... the results were absolutely divine!

I happily sent my first one (adhered to a card) off to a friend to congratulate her on her recent participation in a 10k run (20th place in her age division! Go Linda!).

(It also counts as my week's participation in the 52 Weeks of Mail event... yay! This was a fun one! And it encouraged me to reach out when I wouldn't have done so otherwise!)

No comments: