Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Martha Stewart Scoring Board: Making Boxes!

Okay, I am STILL loving my Martha Stewart Scoring Board!

This afternoon, I selected two coordinating pretty papers I had (a "Taj Mahal" inspired stack of paper from Premium Stacks) -- they're light cardstock:



I checked the handy cheat sheet of measurements on the inside of the compartment of the Scoring Board lid and decided that I wanted to make a base that was 4 x 4 x 4" and a lid that was 4 x 4 x 2":



As per the instructions, I cut my base paper to 12 x 12" and then scored it at the 2" and 6" marks:



(I'm only pretending to score here 'cause I'm right-handed and I can't score and take the photo at the same time)

Then I cut as shown:



Fold the flaps up and secure with adhesive to form the base box:



The top measures 8 x 8". When you score lids, you don't butt the paper to the left edge of the board. Instead, you line it up to the first mark, marked by a downward facing arrowhead. This way, the lid ends up being just a little bit bigger so it fits nicely over the base:



As per the easy-to-follow instructions, I score at the 2" and 6 1/8" marks:



Then cut the same slits:



Fold up flaps and adhere together. Then see how it fits together:



So cute!



The board includes measurements for a variety of different box sizes, but after doing a few, you can get the idea and map out your own sizes...

What do you think?

2 comments:

Handmade in Israel said...

Very cute! Love the cardstock you used too.

Ann - AnnDesigned said...

Great project!! The finished box is very elegant!