Saturday, January 9, 2010

Busy Little Silhouette Card Tutorial



One of my favorite blogs is Cathe Holden's Just Something I Made blog. I've mentioned it before -- it's a treasure trove of wonderful ideas, inspiration and generous downloads.

One recent download was a series of old-fashioned busy day silhouettes. Cathe asked what we might do with them, so I took that as a challenge. And, of course, being me, it had to be a pop-up card!

What do you think?

In the spirit of Cathe's generosity, I'm paying this one forward! Download the pdf to make this card!



Print the pdf out on light card stock.

Make a card base by cutting a letter-sized piece of darker, contrasting cardstock in half and folding that in half to make a standard folded A2 card base (5.5" x 4.25").

Carefully cut out the shapes on the cardstock (dotted lines indicate folds). Gently fold on dotted lines and table legs where they meet the floor.



Apply glue to the back of the rectangular piece (avoiding the parts that are folded away). Adhere to the card base, lining up the top of the rectangle with the fold line (allow a millimeter or two of space from the actual fold so that the card can fold easily).


Repeat for the rounded piece, making sure that the two sides mirror each other.

Glue the upper part of the figure and the top of the table together, carefully matching the pieces.

Voila!

11 comments:

Rianne said...

Georgeous! Thankx

Crafty Habit said...

This is really amazing! I love it.
Krystle@CraftyHabit.blogspot.com

Flassie's Fil'a said...

I made created a card with your instructions.

I didn't realize till today that the other blog has other silhouettes. I was so focused on wanting to make a birthday card that I didn't check out the other link till today. That's so good to know.

I used card stock I had and
made it smaller.

Thanks for sharing the tutorial!!

God Bless You and Yours!!!

nadornia said...

Hola
¡Linda la tarjeta Op up! La voy hacer siempre me gusto ese tipo de tarjetas Muchas gracias.
Doris Lima-Peru

dhawktx said...

A simpler method I use is to glue the final pop-up to the two halves at the top, fold it into the closed position, position desired distance from card center crease and glue 1st pop-up base side to card. Apply glue to 2nd side of pop-up base and carefully close card and press to join.

When you open the card it is perfectly aligned and will always close flat.

Molly said...

Great! Thanks all of you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the CraftCrave Handcraft Items search engine today (look for timestamp: [21 Jan 07:50am GMT]).

Cathe Holden said...

Hi again Molly, I would LOVE if you would post this project in the JSIM gallery Flickr Pool that I just started today!! http://www.flickr.com/groups/1432500@N23/

Thank you!

Molly said...

Done, Cathe! Thanks: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1432500@N23/

Anonymous said...

This is perfect I'd like to find more tutorials like those in order to get my knowledge wider, thanks.

Anonymous said...

This also my favorite blog because Cathe Holden was my inspiration in order to begin with this interesting hobby.