This is what I'll be working on this holiday weekend: I got approval to work on the Italian wedding invitations I blogged about earlier.
I have to say that there were times that I did NOT think that this would happen. Naturally, the couple wanted everything absolutely perfect, so we've been going back and forth for weeks now, working out little details.
We'd been on the verge of finalizing everything when I discovered that they also needed english versions of the invitations.
Last week, I finally told them, that given the timing of their wedding, the fact that we would have to allow for additional time to ship the invitations and some family obligations that I have coming up on some upcoming weekends (which I'd let them know about early on), that unless we had an approved design (for both versions) by the end of the week (to allow me to work on these this weekend) and payment completed, that it would simply not happen.
Thank goodness, this really focused our conversations and we had all the items done that I needed in order to get started yesterday.
Sooooo relieved! I was seriously getting very stressed out about this this week! These cards take a LOT of work to do (printing, CUTTING (even with a cutter, it takes a long time), assembling) and having 140 invitations hanging over my head ready to drop at an unspecified time was really affecting me adversely.
But I'm quite pleased with the results.
If you look at the images, above, you'll see that as you turn the wheel, little icons are displayed in the round window while details about the wedding are displayed in the other cutout.
Turning the invitation over, there is contact information for the bride and groom.