Sunday, September 6, 2009

Elegant Elephant Pop-Up Card





I couldn't sleep last night so I got up and made a pop-up elephant card. It's already posted on etsy!

One thing that I'm pleased about on the design is that the two sides of the pop-up are not mirror images of each other, as on my similar pop-up cards. Rather, each side shows the animal with front and back legs in different positions, so it looks like he is actually taking a step forward with his right leg.

I also really like the beautifully distressed blue paper background I found for the outside of the card -- it makes it so much more interesting than a flat piece of colored cardstock. I really need to find more digital paper textures as I think they add a lot of character.

The quote on the outside ("Nature's great masterpiece, an Elephant" by John Donne) was found using a google search.

I think this can be the beginning of a whole new series of Elegant Animal Pop-ups...

No comments: