Thursday, December 24, 2009

Cute Last-Minute Gifts for the Neighbors


I made these packets of hot chocolate and homemade marshmallows for the neighbors as easy last-minute Christmas gifts.

I didn't do it alone, I had a little help from two able assistants.



Colin and Ethan helped me with the recipe for the marshmallows I found on Martha Stewart's website:


We had everything we needed in our cupboards to make these up. The hardest part was being patient while the thing whipped itself up to amazing volume in nine minutes.

You pour the mixture out and let it set for a couple of hours while the kids try to lick all the sticky goo that has accumulated on their bodies.

Later, you cut it up into cubes and roll it in a generous amount of powdered sugar.



The hot chocolate was even simpler. Just measure and mix up some dry ingredients. I got premium cocoa and it really tastes great!


I scooped some into some cellophane bags, arranged some marshmallows on a bit of wax paper in another, made a cute label with directions (and our Santa photo) and stapled it all together.

Super easy!

The boys and I delivered them today. Fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum!!!
Merry Christmas!!!

Whimcees said...

You have great assistants! :<)

Wishing you a wonderful day! Merry Christmas!

Barbara Diane

Jessica said...

Awesome gift! I made lemon curd and handed that out this year.

Homemade marshmallows are the best!