Monday, May 3, 2010

Crafty Wonderland!

This past weekend was Crafty Wonderland!

Last year, they organizers changed from a monthly format to one that is much less frequent, but they have a lot more vendors and it's more of an event.

It was wonderful! So many fantastic vendors, tons of creativity! I met a gal who does lasercut pop-up cards, Sarah of candyspotting.

She was so friendly! I loved talking to her about papercutting, admitting that I had a little craft robo, but that it certainly couldn't touch what her lasercutter could do -- the detail and intricacy was amazing.



I took her card, as I wanted to check out her website and she asked to see mine.

Imagine my surprise when she said that she knew my work! She said that she'd seen my cards on Etsy and even at Powells!

I feel famous....



My boys loved making their own buttons at the craft table -- some very fun DIY projects! I made a pair of bottle cap fridge magnets.

I picked up some adorable barrettes for the neighborhood girls, four of whom were having a combined birthday party that afternoon. And I drooled over the many other wonderful offerings...

All in all, a very fun afternoon.... Crafty Wonderland is again just wondrous!

No comments: