Thursday, July 23, 2009

Powell's!



I've said it before and I'll say it again: Powell's is possibly the best bookstore ever. Okay, that's arguable, but it IS the biggest bookstore west of the Mississippi. And it has more than its share of die-hard fans, myself included.

But the really cool thing about Powell's?

They will soon be carrying the Molly Lee line of pop-up and mechanical cards!

Yay!

I got an introduction to the gal who purchases "sidelines" by my old friend, Mike. Mike and I go WAY back, all the way to sixth grade when we were both (this is so strange) student body presidents of our respective elementary schools and participated an exchange where we each got to experience each others' schools.

I'll fast forward past the shared years of total nerdiness (including elaborate games of Dungeons and Dragons, Abba, road trips, college dorm food and one embarrassing medical procedure). Currently, Mike now manages the magazine area of Powell's, sharing a space with sidelines and suggested that the gal who purchases "sidelines" (aka: TGWPS) and I might be able to work something out together..

Anyway, we finally met the other day and TGWPS agreed to purchase some of my cards!

Again: Yay!

So, I'll be working on the selection of cards she's selected for the next week or so. I'll let you know once they're on the shelves... (oh, I hope that they sell!)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations Molly! That's awesome!!! =)

Melissa
mboston9.etsy.com

Terri said...

Congratulations! That is great news! I hope you sell lots of them.