Saturday, August 29, 2009

Back from Vacation!



I've figured out one thing about myself: I'm not very good at doing nothing. When I'm on vacation, I really (I mean REALLY) like to be productive. This isn't to say I don't enjoy hiking or seeing sights, but just sitting around and... sitting really can make me miserable.

Having understood this I took care to stock up my picnic basket with a whole ton of pre-cut card parts and brought all the adhesive, glue dots and other supplies I needed to put things together.

Mind you, I didn't sit down very often to work at this (really, we did spend a lot of time exploring and venturing about), but I did have one or two really great sessions.

As a result, I come back from vacation with 45 completed cards. Hooray!

I love having a good stock of inventory on hand (in my less organized days, anytime anyone ordered a card, I would have to run up, print out what I needed, cut it and assemble it before I could ship it out). It's such a joy to get an order and simply pop it into and envelope and send it off!

Another nice thing is that I got quite a few baby carriage pop-up cards put together. These seem to be popular at Powell's, but I've never gotten around to posting that card on etsy. Now that I have a few under my belt, it will be a simple thing to take some photos and post them in a few days.

Anyway, I'm so glad to be back! I really miss that little adrenaline rush I get whenever I get a sale, feedback or convo on etsy...

No comments: