Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Home-Made Light Tent


One of the weak points of my selling efforts is my photography. Etsy has emphasized how important nice product shots are to your marketing and I can believe it; I know that I've been hesitant about purchasing something because of poor photography.

I have a decent digital camera, however photos of my cards using the flash look terrible, generally, so I have to wait til there's natural light available to photograph my products. As I'm generally working during the day, this puts a crimp on my ability to post new items.

There seem to be a number of online tutorials on how to make your own light tent (a structure used to surround your product to produce even lighting) out of Ikea products. If you want to go the easy route, you can purchase a small commercial light tent kit between $100 and $200.

Here are a few links to the diy'er:
On my agenda: a trip to Ikea this weekend!

No comments: