Thursday, January 1, 2009

Polka Dots Invitation





I first designed a version of these polka dot birthday party invitations for a mom who started planning her daughter's birthday about six months in advance. It was thrilling to find someone who made my own party planning seem a little less over-the-top.

I tried several different ideas involving circles and dots before settling on the simple idea, above. I was pleased with how the child's face showed through the round hole, also that each concentric opening was cut a little bigger than the one below it, making for even more circles.

I finally made a generic version of this card and posted it on etsy. Polka dots is a very popular party theme nowadays (what a cute idea for a young girl!) and there are already severalpolka dot birthday invitations out there, many of them also cute.

No comments: