Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Princess and Knight Birthday Party Invitations














I read somewhere that one of the top birthday party themes was a princess theme. 

Not a fish theme. Not jungle animals. Not even circuses or carnivals.

Princesses. 

I would never have imagined.

I guess that having only boys can slant your view of the world.

In any case, I did a little hunt of available princess invitations and wasn't terribly impressed with a lot of them.  Finding a reasonably priced invitation that was also aesthetically pleasing seemed like a castle in the air. I wondered if I could do better.

As always, I looked on http://www.istockphoto.com for artwork and came across not only a sweet little pink-gowned princess, but also a stalwart knight. Perfect! I would have something to offer to both boys and girls!

I purposefully left the design extremely simple. No fancy paper engineering here. In this way, I'm able to keep the price quite low yet, hopefully, avoid that problem of not being able to pay myself minimum wage for my time. I think these are quite reasonably priced.
If you have ideas for some party ideas for either or both of these medieval themes, please let me know! I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: