Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cosmic boy space invitation



Here's a new birthday party invitation that came together really quickly. It's amazing how fast things can go once you've found the perfect artwork (and the paper engineering part has already been worked out).

The cute space images came from istockphoto.com. The weightlessness of space really lends itself well to my spinning invitation.

I purchased the artwork one morning, worked on it during the day and was able to post it for sale later that afternoon on etsy.

These spinning party invitations, while quite simple, are also very engaging -- I have yet to hand one to someone without them instantly smiling as they turn the wheel to see all the images.
I've also gotten quite good at making them very quickly, which allows me to keep the price quite low.

No comments: