Friday, June 19, 2009

My Crafty Space Makeover Participant Updates


I'm giving out gold stars for the progress that my Crafty Space Makeover teammates have done on their crafty spaces already!

Shannon, of April Ink, posts this update to her "Monica Room:"


And two updates from Danielle, from Collective Elements:



Genelle, of Scrapbook Completed, has really been doing her homework, to do her makeover right:


I love the little snippets of that book that she's been looking at ("The Organized & Inspired Scrapbooker"). I'm not a scrapbooker, but it looks like it has a ton of great ideas.

And, last but certainly not least, here's a thrift store find by Pinky Creations: http://pinkycreations-pink.blogspot.com/2009/06/im-still-scared-i-have-not-had-lot-of.html

You're all doing GREAT!

(if I missed your update, please drop me a comment and I'll fix that)

I had the day off today, so I have been happily working away, cutting through my clutter. Once I have a critical mass of similar "stuff" that I need to keep, I have found that it's very helpful to designate a bin for it (it can just be a cardboard box, temporarily). For instance, I kept on running across cards that I was testing out or samples of cards that I had created for customers while we were working things out. Once I designated a bin the "Sample" bin, it became a great tool to eliminating a ton of clutter really quickly.

So here's my cheesy adage that I made up: "When you have a place for everything, everything falls into place."

No comments: